Monday, December 1, 2008

Raw Food Diet, Day 308: At Odds and Ends

Hey folks! I've been missing once again. Well, I haven't actually been missing, but my crazy female person (who shall remain nameless, MOM!) has been less than efficient with updating my blog. Turns out that work can get busy before the holidays and more work makes for lazy humans in their down-time. Speaking of work, my dad told me that he's taking a few days off to do something called "study" for his final exams. I'm not sure what this "study" is, but knowing my dad I think it has something to do with feasting on meat and rubbing my belly. Sweetness! And now speaking of feasting...

I heard that the humans spent a day last week playing with other humans and chowing down on turkey necks. WHAT??!! And I was left at camp with my stinkbutt brother. I'm not knocking camp (which is totally awesome) but I'm not pleased to have missed out on some delicious meatiness. To add insult to lack of feasting, all the other dogs at camp got a special meal full of turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans, and Big Pupi and I got NONE OF IT!! The alpha humans at camp said something about "allergies," but I tuned them out. I just wasn't interested in human garble if they don't come bearing some bird in a bowl.

We got back from camp yesterday, and I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. Knowing that my big browns are my best feature, I fought them like crazy trying to oozle some skritches from the folks but it just wasn't working. I found a nice warm spot to nap and spent much of the evening sprawled out there. Good thing my nice warm spot was also exhausted from a day of traveling.

Any time I come back from camp, which is the Place of Free-Poobles and Weebles-As-You-Please-els, I have some issues getting my bum to cooperate and work with the house rules. Just this morning, in a span of about 15 minutes, I poobled in the hallway, weebled outside like Good Boy, poobled in the elevator and did a third round of poobles in the hallway again. Man. That bum of mine is made to run free and doesn't like the rules! He's a Naughty Boy. I want my folks to know that I am in no way responsible for the actions of my rear. It's got a mind of its own.

To make up for my absence, I prepared a little video for you that shows how different my dorky brother and I are when we play. Big Pupi is an Angel Boy and he entertains himself for hours by nibbling quietly on a stuffy. Me, on the other paw, I enjoy some good roughhousing and believe that Fun just doesn't happen unless there's someone else there to play with. This particular game of Footy Sock/Toy Tuggin' with dad is unusually tame for me. I like it better when I get pushed around and my folks get rough and wrastle with me. What can I say? I'm a beast and need to play as such.



Time to catch up with all my bloggin' buds.

Feast hard,
Stanislaw

21 comments:

Mack said...

We just know you will help your dad ace his tests! And speaking of which, BP's mohawk is looking awesome!!

Niamh said...

Glad you are back and blogging Stanislaw. Big Pupi's style of playing with stuffies doesn't seem to go with his rocking mohawk. You have definitely got the moves going. Looks like you had great fun. Hope your dad does well on his tests.

Your friend,
Niamh

Hero said...

That was one awesome video, Stan! I think you should start growing your own mohawk to match your rockin' personality!

Biggie-Z said...

That's a great video!! BOL. Good luck to your dad on his tests. The vet took mine 9 months ago and I am so much better.

That's so unfair about the dinner at camp! What did you eat instead? My Momma took me along for the Big Bird-Day but she said it was the last time because I was a BIG nuisance and so I am going to camp instead next time. What do you eat when you're at camp? Does your Momma make the same meals for you to eat there? Cuz eatiung too much kibble all of a sudden can cause, you know, pooble issues.

Momma took some turkey necks out to defrost. Yum! I can't wait!

Coco Bean - The Princess said...

my mommy does that study" thing too. i usually help her by sleeping on her lap while she does it. i guarintee you it will get you extra belly rubs!

Tails Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco - The Princes

Par said...

Your fur looks beautifully black!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a bummer that you missed turkey dindin! This is so not fair!
We really enjoyed your video! Big Pupi is like me and you are like Mitch, Stan!
Mom says that she'll post the gluten-free cheesebread recipe! Promise!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

I loved the video - great soundtrack! Wish we could have met your Mom when she was in New York. Next time, she'll have to bring you and Big Pupi with her and we'll have a party!

Your pal,

Petey

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

We sure think your Dad will do splendid in his exams! *grins* LOVE that video of you and Big Pupi...hehe! I can't help but laugh at the vast difference...*wink*

Hope you have a great day!

Scottie

Joe Stains said...

Good job with the stain attempts!! Big Pupi seems like Big Boring to me!

FleasGang said...

I have a warm spot just like that too! I guess all houses have one - or should at least.

And I'm happy to say that I feasted on my first bird of the "gobble" variety this weekend and it was TASTY! You two live like kings :-)

Shelly

Eric said...

Ah there you are. Loved the video, BP's mohawk is certainly stylin' does he use mousse or gel? Can he give me a few tips?

Wags, Eric xx x

duo_disaster said...

Alright! We declare its the mohawk madness now! Inspired by Hero, we can see we're all growing some now.

*BOL*

Goofy: I think I play like you Stan & Rudolf is like BP, I too cant understand how fun can it be when you play "gently"... It has to be ROUGH! REAL boys play rough!

Missing you heaps!
Rudolf & Goofy

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We enjoyed your video showing how differently you two play. :-)

Holly & Zac

Fenway said...

I'm loving Big Pupi's mohawk so much that I had a hard time watching his Stuffy Daintiness.

You and I have the ultimate Thrasher Style. Aren't Dads awesome for inspiring such manly roughhousing?

PS: I missed your blog and my humans were also more concerned with celebrating some stupid turkey. I overheard them praying over it and actually thanking it!!! Can't they just devour the turkey?

Juno said...

Ohhhh you guys are back!!

We LOVE the video!! We love the music!! We giggled really really hard.... and still... hehehehehe

Momo & Pinot

Amber-Mae said...

Glad you're back! Have been thinking what happened to you doods? Glad nothing happened. Hope your Mom's "studies" will be over soon.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Clover said...

Hi Stan!!
Oh you look so cozy there with your Dad! I hope he spends some time with you while he is studying...
My mom says that if you start being neglected, you can come to our house and snoozle with her!!
Love Clover xo

Bae Bae said...

That is a pawsome video. and you're so cozy there with your dad

~ Bae

Agatha and Archie said...

Well there is NOTHING better than a game of sock..and the stinkier tha better!! Love A+A

the many Bs said...

hi Stanislaw, that is such a cute picture of you curled up on your human's tummy.

we liked your video too. the sound track was perfect for the action/lack of action. good job on that.

woofs.