Monday, March 3, 2008

Keep your paws crossed for big brother

My human and I just returned from my least favorite place... the doctor's office. They put me on a cold table that moved up and down and I was so scared I couldn't stop shaking. Then a man with a nice voice came over and squeezed my belly, looked at my teeth and absolutely traumatized me when he stuck something that beeped in my bum. I tried to protect myself with my tail but that little nubby thing did no good! When I heard the beep I tried to sit on that darn thing to squish it, but the doctor took it out for me and announced that I was a healthy 101. Am I really that old?


The reason my human brought me there was so that I could get a blood test. I really don't like it when strangers grab at my legs so this is one of my least favorite things to have done -- after that beeping thing. That's pretty bad too. I tried to lick the doctor's face profusely in an attempt to disorient him and make him feel guilty for torturing such a cute animal, but he was immune. Next thing I knew I was being restrained and then jabbed with a needle. It didn't really hurt but I screamed at the top of my lungs to let the world know that this doctor man has superhuman powers and not even puppies can act as his kryptonite. How can that be?!

Tomorrow my mom gets the blood tests back. I'm nervous, because my BUN levels have always been 1 point too high, and my creatinine readings are always at the high end of the healthy range. These numbers are a way to check kidney function, and numbers that creep up too high indicate renal failure. While I'm a healthy boy, I have to keep getting these numbers checked 1-2 times per year to make sure I'm doing okay. This time, because of my big diet change, it was time for another check.

After the appointment was over I had "sad tummies" all over the vet's waiting room because my nerves got the best of me. I felt better during the walk home and right now I'm eyeing a chair that has some of my mom's stuff on it. I really love to sleep on her stuff. It's time for a nap.

Well, keep your paws crossed for me. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

No comments: