Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Raw Food Diet, Day 458- Will Do Tricks for Treats

***
Big Pupi takes us on an outing:
Hey guys! The big beastly brother is reporting. Everything here has been pretty awesome. We've been feasting and playing and fast-hunting and I've been therapy-ing. Sweetness! We have some footage from my last trip to the hospital. No... we're not allowed to take pictures while inside, but I thought I'd share something that's 1/2 of the fun of therapy days: The trip there!

It's a wonderful walk to where the AwesomeMobile lives. I totally dig taking a stroll and getting coo-ed over by tourists and folks about town. It is just about the BEST way to start the day. Here's a little video of me on my merry way. (Yes I walk at the end of my leash but no, I don't pull. I'm just SO PUMPED I can't stand to hang back! There was a time when I pulled and trudged ahead like a savage... not too unlike my stinky brother. But I'm all about Good Boyness now!)

Music: "Free and Easy" by Dierks Bentley

On this particular morning I was feeling an extra bit of snarzle in my bum so I thrashed the heck out of mom's (not-so) dog-proof car seat cover and then sat tall to enjoy the ride. ...That is until she began to stick that flashy box in my face at every red light. I let her know that it was NOT appreciated by making Jowly Stink Face every time she took a photo.I have a great time sniffing sniffs and barking at this dude that's always selling newspapers at this one intersection. He never knocks on our window because I'm such a wild beast!

Therapy was great on this day, especially since this one little girl I had gotten to know over the past few months got to go home. I missed her and her crazy great belly rubs, but I was so happy that she no longer needed to be attached to tubes and a tall beeping machine. There was a fresh set of kids this time and although they were really tired and feeling a little icky, they were still able to gather up all their energy and play with me for a bit. Kids can't resist the mohawk!

On the ride home, I looked a bit more like this:
Actually, that was one of the only photos mom could get with my eyes open. I usually snore like a tractor the whole way home. Then it's another long walk home from the AwesomeMobile. I LOVE IT!

I've got a little bit of news for you folks...
I've been asked to be one of 2 therapy dogs giving a BIG presentation on the work that we do! Tomorrow I get to go to a school and show off my tricks, during 2 sessions, to almost 200 people! I am crazy excited. Mom and I have been working on my Good Boy behavior (heel on a loose leash, and STAY! while she tosses treats all around me - that one's hard!). We've also been tightening up my new tricks, and I've been learning lots!

It's been hard work, but so far I can read Sit, Down and Spin off flash cards, and we're adding Stay and Come. The last 2 are a bit iffy for me still since this is one SERIOUSLY difficult trick for me to pick up, but I'm getting really good at the first group. This trick drives people at therapy wild, especially the kids' parents. We need to entertain them too!

Another trick that's in the works is jumping rope. We haven't worked the rope in just yet, but I've learned to leap into the air whenever I see mom jump. I'm really good at it and stay tucked in pretty close to her. This one's not quite ready yet for the show, but we'll try to get a video of it once I have it down!

Finally, I've mastered my Take and Give (a stuffed toy) and I will Down Stay while balancing my stuffy pencil on my schnozzle. This isn't my favorite trick to do, but what they heck... I'll do just about anything for treats and praise!

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'll try to take photos and let you know how it all goes.

Practice makes perfect,
Big Pupi.

20 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOO ARE INKHREDIBLY

PAWESOME!!!

And your mom too of khourse!

I hope woo will file a full report fur your BIG SHOW!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Good luck tomorrow big Pupi. We very interested in how you being taught to read!
~lickies, Ludo

Beckett said...

Great work, Big Pupi!

My mom got one of those seat covers for our AwesomeMobile and last time I rode in the car I wiggled and wiggled and managed to get it off the seat. Haha!

Beckett

Mack said...

Oh. My. dog.

You are totally pawsome with the tricks my friend.
Mom is trying to teach Paris & I to sit & shake paws, but man is it ever complicated.

You are my hero dude!

Niamh said...

Wow Big Pupi! What an honor to perform in front of all those people. Your repertoire of tricks will knock their socks off! I know you will do great. Your mohawk looks terrific.

Should I send Ambrose to live with you two? Then he and Stan can be goofy together.

Your friend,
Niamh

Asta said...

Big Pupi
I am in awe!!!
You awe not only handsome , but what a tewwific guy..knowing all those twicks and bwinging so much joy to hoomans..I think you'we swell!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Fenway said...

Whoa!

All that Being A Good Boy and doing tricks makes for a very tired looking Big Pupi.

Nice work, dude. You are seriously making a difference in these kid's lives.

Molly the Airedale said...

Good luck tomorrow, Big Pupi! You are one smart boy as well as one handsome boy! We are so proud of you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

omdog dude, good luck! I know you will do great and all those people will be very, very impressed. Thanks for sharing the walk but how come you park so far away from where you live?? We can't wait to see the jumprope trick.

Lorenza said...

Good job Big Pupi!
Good luck tomorrow!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Oceanside Animals said...

That's one of the best stink eyes I've ever seen!

the many Bs said...

Hi Big Pupi, we loved seeing your video of you walking to your dog mobile. you are very determined, but only in the best way. we're glad you are having so much fun.

woofs.

Anonymous said...

That is one seriously sleepy face you've got on the way home! But it's worth the sleepy to make the kids smile :-)

Hope all went well today with the big presentation. We're sure it did. And we can't wait to see you perform some of those tricks you've been learning!

Shelly & Tommy

Agatha and Archie said...

You are just too flipping adorable....We love you and we love all the great work you are doing......We are very very proud of you! Love A+A+PL2

Mason Dixie said...

Hey thats a great walk you have there, would you want to put it in my contest? or can I nominate you anyhow for a wiggle walk?

Dughallmor Beagles said...

OMDog, can't believe how behind we are again! We were going to suggest your walking video for MD's contest but she beat us to it :D Cute video, especially when you look at your director, aww!
Hope your day went well yesterday. Sorry we were too late to wish you luck but sure you did an awesome job! We love hearing about your therapy work :o)
Slobbers xx

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Big Pupi,

I bet your Mom is so proud of you and I like your mohawk too.

Stanislaw,

Thanks so much about your comment about Joanie. She has a long way to go and is the skinniest dog Mommy has ever seen. Droh was had many skinny babies but the vet said Joanie was the skinniest alive dog he had every seen. You sure turned out to be handsome fella and we know Joanie will be a beautiful girl when she is better.

{{{huggies}}}////Mona

parlance said...

Great post!

Two questions - how do you learn to jump when your mum does, and what do you mean about doing tricks from flash cards>

I'm scratching my head about what that could mean.

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day you lot!

Just checking in ... I hope all is well :-)

Cheers

Charlie

parlance said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog and explaining the interesting stuff about tricks with flashcards and the jumping.