Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Raw Food Diet, Day 429- Double Feasting Points and a Triple Beast Score

***
Big Pupi is catching y'all up on the goings-on:

Heya dudes! Lots has been going on here and I'm a bit behind on my blogging. Or shall I say that my wacky, ill-trained humans are behind on typing out my dictations. I wonder if Naimh teaches a brush-up obedience class for humans?

Anyway... it's time for some PetExpo news! On March 21, my mom and I drove all the way out to Arlington Park racetrack. I was in the TakeMeToFunPlacesMobile for over an hour which was TOTALLY awesome and I got to protect my vehicle from some dangerous looking joggers as we made our way through the suburbs. We arrived at the beautiful grounds on a perfectly sunny Saturday.
Inside the pavilion there were oodles of bipeds milling about and 2 floors of non-stop animal action. There were sections of toys, treats, and lots and lots of booths filled with dogs, cats, ferrets and birds all up for adoption. Needless to say, each and every one of the humans from Cocker Spaniel Rescue came and oogled over yours truly. I found the ferret folks to smell the MOST interesting. I could pick them out of the crowd with my specialty ferret-sniffing schnozzle.
This was our booth. I saw lots of my good therapy buddies and met a couple new ones, including a gigando 140 lb great dane. I practically had to stand on my nails to get a whiff of that bum. It smelled really laid back.
I had to wear my uniform with these fancy pockets that humans used to slip me a dollar or two and make donations. I was super good at wiggling my way across the floor and earning those bills. It was a tad confusing, however, because money is NOT tasty and I was certainly NOT allowed to shred it.

Because my excitement level was at 1,000%, I got to make frequent trips to the potty zone outside which was just COATED in good smells from other Expo critters.
Whenever we'd go outside I was allowed to be all crazy-bum, but as soon as we walked through those doors it was all "Heel" and "be Have" and "Don't eat that human puppy's cookie." Whatever! I'm cute and that kid totally wanted to give me that chocolate cookie.
I was scheduled to work with my buddy Mike and together we had a really good gimmick going on. Lots of folks thought that Mike was my mom and I was his wee springer spaniel puppy. It got us some serious attention and pets which was totally sweet, but c'mon guys... we all know that Mike is MY doppelgänger. Big Pupi is an original!
Mike and I were scheduled to work for almost 4 hours, and let me tell you~
I am either at full speed or I'm asleep when it comes to these kinds of situations and I was not able to survive so many hours of that stimulation and attention. The last hour of the event was spent in mommy's arms with my legs hanging all dangly-like. Only my head was still mobile and I'd stick out the ol' mohawk for some scritches whenever some nice human folk made eye contact. I don't even remember the car ride home but I'm sure that was pretty awesome too. I'm surprised we made it back in one piece without me guarding the vehicle from bi-ped trespassers! I guess mom barked and thrashed the scary ones away so that I could get some nappies.

In the days after the event, Stanislaw and I have heard mumblings about us moving and little by little all of the silly stuff our folks crowd our apartment with is disappearing. It's great! Lots of room for games of chase and I can REALLY get into a good post-feast stuffy thrashing now. The downside is that our people are either coming and going all day long, or they're missing for hours. From what I gather, they've been spending their time smearing this stinky colored stuff on the walls. This new territory sounds GREAT! Stinky stuff on the walls?! I hope it's tasty!

To keep ourselves occupied in all this down time, Stanislaw and I have been exercising our noggins and playing some rousing games of Scrabble.
I totally kicked his bum. I had like a gazillion feasting points if I added correctly (and I always do).
Stan did well for a first time Scrabbler, but it took a while for it to sink into his head that "FEAST" is not spelled with a "Q" or a "W." And I guess when I first invited him to play the game he thought we were eating scrabbled eggs, not playing a board game. Dude needs to get out more.

We should be all done and moved by this Saturday and we'll be catching up with all our blogging beastly buddies soon!

Happy fWeastQing!
Big Pupi

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Welkhome Bakhk!

Woo have been missed!

Tank woo fur filling us in!

OH, so woo worked your mom with the 'I'm tired Mom - woo will have to kharry me and maybe I need extra snakhks to even stand on my weak little feetyfeets' barks!

Khan woo use Khyraese spellings in SKHRABBLE?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

What an exciting day you had, Big Pupi! What a shame that you didn't get to have the little kid's cookie and he was so willing to share!
You and Stan look so cute playing Scrabble!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Niamh said...

The expo sounds terrific Big Pupi! I am sure that you were a hit. Glad you were able to do some napping. Being petted and collecting donations for your therapy dog group is very hard work.

The move sounds exciting. Hope there are lots of good smells in your new crib.

Your friend,
Niamh

Mack said...

Paris has been bugging me all morning to ask you if you are gonna move back to Texas.

That PetExpo looks like something my mom would love!

And I'm not very good at Scrabble either (yet).

Clover said...

Hi Big Pupi!
Thanks for the recap of the PetExpo - sounds like a lot of fun!
And you two look SO cute playing scrabble!!
Love Clover xo
P.S. Did I tell you yet that my blog is gone? I will be back soon and I will let you know where to find me.

Fenway said...

Whoever spelled out LAMBCHOP, DUCK & SQUIRREL totally wins the game.

You totally exhausted me with the description of Be Having for 4 STRAIGHT HOURS!!!!! And I've got energy to spare.

Hey, did your humans go see the Sox play, too? I would have been really hosed if they didn't hire me that Kate Human!

Petra said...

Wow, what a great time you had at the Expo!

My grandma's FAVORITE game is Scrabble, but I've never played it. I like to run after the letters if they happen to fall on the ground.

Eric said...

You and Mike certainly had it covered Big Pupi with your little errr...deception. I bet you earned Rainbow Dogs squillions(good scrabble word when placed on a triple word score) Nice work Big Pupi. You earned that rest.

Cracked me up with your scrabble game. Do you play Monopoly too?

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Joe Stains said...

The Pet Expo looks super fun! You do sort of look like Mike, or maybe Mike looks like you. Either way as long as you got attention to the cause that is all that matters, right!? Moving doesn't sound very fun at all, but I hope the new place is even better than where you are now!!

Asta said...

Stanislaw and Big Pupi
It's gweat to see you back! good luck wif the move. I had no idea that you wewe so good at bowed games Stan. good thing you'we in chawge of edoocating big Pupi. The house must be fun wif all that woom to play chasey in. adn youw new house sounds a dweam wif smelly stuff smeawed all ovew.
Good job big Pupi on youw wowk..you'we pawsome.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Fenway said...

Hey again, Stan--

Yes, April showers DO bring the mud. Ms. Alpha gave up on trying to keep me clean. All that flamboyant fur really attracts the crusty dirt. As the folks as McD's say, "I'm lovin' it!"

And guess what? I'm even starting to smell!!!

LIfe is good, especially during the Dirty Season. It's raining again today and I plan on tracking in lots of grit with me.

the many Bs said...

hi guys! it sounds like you had a very big day, Pupi. we hope that your pockets got full of that good money stuff.

we're excited to hear about this moving. are you going to a bigger dog-house? we can't wait to see photos of it and hear how it smells. our mom puts that stinky stuff on our walls too. it's cool.


woofs.

Louis Reginald said...

Stan and Big Pupi!!!

Glad to see you are back in blogging action. Big Pupi - I too came across a doppelganger. I will have my human forward you the photo. I was pretty concerned about it, but forgot as soon as I got some more meaty goodness...Wait, did you say squirrel? WHERE?? All I see are a bunch of tiles on a board...
Hmmmmph. Guess I missed him. Those are fast feasties, huh??

Oh and good luck with the new digs. Make sure you mark your new 'hood and let everyone know - Big Pupi and Stanislaw are here to stay!

Your pal,
Louis

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey buddies! We missed ya but my my you've been busy! We love your technicolour dreamcoat, Big Pupi and the work you do is cool :D
And you're moving? How exciting but it's no wonder your humans haven't been able to take your dictations, hehe! We hope you like your new kingdom...
Slobbers xx

Fenway said...

Stan & BP...

In advance of one of my upcoming columns, I wanted to give you a head's up about this video Ms. Alpha unearthed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejioz8N9h3U&eurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww%252Ef

It's just too incredible to even describe. All I can say is that the Alphas have really upped the ante on my training and tricks routine. Oy vey.

Your pal,
Fenway

betty in nc said...

So glad you had fun at the Expo! The rescue where we fostered cockers for 7 years (Shorewood Cocker Rescue) was there and they had a most successful day! Three solid adoptions and more prospects.
Wish we weren't in NC so we could go to the show. Always was my favorite!
It would have really been my favorite this year to meet Big Pupi!
Thanks for the update. We miss you when you are gone.