Friday, October 17, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS....

We got so many totally awesome entries for our Very Tiny Competition we had trouble choosing a winner! Sorry to keep all you furry critters in suspense for so long while we oggled at our fabulous friends at their very smallest. There were photos of fuzzies of the non-canine kind:

Girl Girl Hamster

... and they were just the snuggliest! Our hammie buds can really wrap themselves up tight. There were also some SuperCrazy adorable entries, and if we were handing out A Very Cute & Tiny award these guys would have certainly tied for first place:

Coco

Poopie (with Aki)

I wish my stinky brother would snug with me like that! While parusing the photographs we also noticed that certain breeds seemed more apt to make themselves itty bitty. I've got to give my fellow spaniels a shout-out for their expertise and foldable skillz:

Shelly

Maggie

Zach

Zach said that he used to be super naughty just like me when he was a spritely young fellow. I bet he's one cool dude - I wonder if he likes socks as much as I do?

A breed that surprised us with their unbelievable ability to get small is the grey hound. These guys are no tiny turkey but boy can they stuff themselves into the smallest of kitten beds. Where do they put those long lanky legs? They must be able to suck them in like airplane wheels when it's nappy time. Check out the sweet grey hound entries:

My dear friend Henry

Gabbi

Romes (snugged on the front seat of a car!)

Now the competition was narrowed down to 2 possible winners. Both are super talented and both deserve to win. BUT, only one beast can take the grand prize. It was close, my blogging buddies! Oh so close! Our runner up is...

The fabulous, talented, flexible and oh-so small CJ!

Check out those leg-tucking skills! What talent! What grace! What a bendy neck she has! Certainly you can see why it was such a tough choice to find our numero uno tiny pup.

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

.

.

The winner of the Very Tiny Competition

.

.

Is none other than....

DAISY!

Doesn't she look like a beagle bagel? What makes Daisy's entry so spectacular is that our dear lady canine is 18 years old. That's 126 in dog years!! I bet your humans can't imagine being so flexible at that age. This is truly a feat of tiny-ness and we've got to hand it to Miss Daisy for her talents. Even her tail is tucked in! (Not even I have mastered the tail tuck yet. I'm taking notes...)

So here's to you, Miss Itty Bitty Daisy Dog~

A paw trophy and a tail wag for all of your 18 years of hard work, mastering the art of Small. I guess practice does indeed make perfect. (Oh - and there's some sweet swag that comes along with this award as well. Our humans will arrange for that little goody exchange.) May we all follow in Daisy's paw prints and enjoy 18 years with our buddies, our humans, and our favorite teeny tiny little bed all snugged up, tucked in and toasty warm.

Congratulations to everyone that entered. We truly LOVED each and every one of your photos. You are a talented bunch! Perhaps we'll make this competition a yearly event... you never know... so keep practicing your tiny skills and we'll see you next year!

Learning how to tuck my tail under,

Stanislaw

25 comments:

Petra said...

You chose some winners; these pictures are all great! Congrats to all of you!

Mack said...

Congrats to CJ & Daisy - They certainly have mastered the artform of making themselves tiny!

FleasGang said...

That really was a truly tough decision you guys had to make. Everydoggie (and hammie)look like masters of tiny to me! Congrats CJ and Daisey, you two are tiny masters :-)

practicing my head tuck,
Shelly

Coco Bean - The Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coco Bean - The Princess said...

CONGRATULATIONS DAISY! Wow all of the tiny entries were very talented. thank you for posting my tiny picture on your page!

I posted a "Ladybug Hug" Award on my page for you and Big Pupi for being so pawsome!

Tail wiggles and puppy licks,
Coco - The Princess

BenTheRotti said...

Congratulations CJ and Daisy!!

those were all such great photo's, it must have been so hard to choose a winner! I promise to practice and maybe enter next year,

love and smoooches,

Ben xxxx

River said...

That's so cool!! My sister Daisy won!! She is a tiny girl, too, and still lively and feisty at *over* 18 now. Thank you, Stanislaw and Big Pupi for the award! Yes, it is a lift in light of the sad news of the day for our friends. Besides, we never won a contest before. Snoopy dance!!

love & wags,
River & Daisy

Beckett said...

Wow, that beagle bagel move is quite impressive! Congratulations to Daisy and runner-up CJ!

I think your next contest should be for misbehaving. My odds would be better.

Beckett

Hero said...

That was a fun competition and you got some really great entries. Congrats to Daisy and everyone else who placed an entry.

Charlie Daniels said...

WOW that looks like a Beagle Bagel alright! ;-)

Congrats Daisy and CJ.

That was lots of fun. :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Emily said...

Awww... all the pictures are so sweet! I'm honored to have Henry's picture in there. Congrats to Daisy and the runner-up CJ! =D What a fun competition idea! Henry would like to know if you're gonna have one someday for who can bark the loudest. ;)

Emily

Dewey Dewster said...

What an amazing life little Daisy must have to be around for so long.....and what an amazing feat to curl up so securely in her sweet round bed.....she deserves the award she won hands down....

I was readin' again about yer chicken allergy....have ta try ta remember that as it seems like I may be startin' ta scratch a bit....'n we don't know what's causin it....Gram bought fish and potato dog food thinkin' grain might be the problem....we shall see...but also remember what ya all said about the chicken and turkey......now if we could get Gram ta write it down fer me we'd be in business.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Tadpole said...

Yay! That was great! You should do competitions more often - you have FUN ideas! And next time maybe I can talk my girl into entering ME! :-)

Auntie LuLu said...

Congrats to both Daisy and CJ..boy, they can make themselves very very tiny. Stan, thanks for including my picture---does that make me famous??

Little Black dog Zach

PS I didn't like socks (except for Red Sox) I preferred (and still do)used paper products. You might try it, it's fun to tear up and leave everywhere and it annoys the humans

Lorenza said...

Congratulations to Daisy and CJ!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to CJ and Daisy! We are blown away that Daisy is 18! We should all be so lucky!
All of the pictures are great! What a tuff choice!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

the many Bs said...

wow, that was some amazing tiny! they are super good and getting super small. we can never do that. we are sprawling dogs. hee hee!

woofs.

AB clan said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER
ViVi & AB

Katie said...

There was no OTHER tiny dog to choose. That was the BESTEST. What a great competition!

Joe Stains said...

You picked a WONDERFUL winner!!! 18, WOW!

Maggie said...

Congratulations for Daisy!!!!
And yeah..
i just noticed it..
that we spaniels...love to make it small :D

Joan Princing Art said...

Hey There Stanislaw & Big Pupi,

Those are awesome pictures! And my goodness - Daisy is going on 19 years young!!! I just stopped by to say THANK YOU. After being introduced to you via my site, and reading your posts...you inspired me to start blogging! So thank you. I still have a lot to learn...but oh my goodness am I having fun! So thank you very much!
Have a fun day!

Joan & Skippy

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Congrates to Daisy, she sure look like a beagle bagel there. :)

~ Girl girl

duo_disaster said...

OMG!
How can we misssssssssss this!

ARGH!!!!!!!

Anyway...
Maggie won *blushes*

We hope there's more coming up!

Love,
Rudolf & Goofy

Anonymous said...

You picked the best winners fer shore! I am bad at being tiny but very good at being TOO BIG!

Dozer