Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Raw Food Diet, 163- A Blissful 5 Hours

Last night, Follow-the-Rules-Mommy actually broke the rules.  I thought the entire world had turned upside down.
Since dad's away, (and she mentioned something about planning to wash the bedding today), she actually let Big Pupi and me sleep on the human crate!  Holy feasters!  At first I was so confused when she was calling me onto the bed.  I knew it was time for sleepies so I put myself in my crate like Good Boy and tried to ignore her tempting pats on the soft human blankies.  But when I saw Pupi make the leap and not get punished... I just couldn't resist!  Mom made us dewclaw-swear that we wouldn't push our luck after the night was over.  Right.  Now I know that the human crate is for the family!  I thrashed with joy and rubbed my scent all over dad's deliciously dad-smelling side.  

Big Pupi gets chilly at night, so he snoozled under the covers for most of the time.  
I, on the other hand, get steamy hot when I'm under blankies so I slept on top of the comforter with all of my manliness exposed, so that I could soak up as much of the air conditioning as possible.
Before we knew it, we were out.  Pupi and I snored like beasts and kicked as we dreamed sweet dreams of snoozling on the human crate.  We were so grateful to be allowed on the people bed, that we made sure to be extra good watch dogs and jump up to bark at every single sound we heard throughout the night.  Since we live in a city there are lots of sounds!  Mom was so thankful that we kept her safe.

After about 5 hours of quality sleeping and thrashing, the rule-enforcing side of mom's brain kicked back in and she carried us to our crates for proper sleepies.  She was mumbling something about "not sleeping a wink" and "needing at least an hour" and so we spent the next 90 minutes dreaming in our own stinky beds.  How are we supposed to protect her from there?

While it was a blissful 5 hours of daddy smells and people blankies, I guess Pupi and I didn't sleep that well either.  It must have been all that protecting we were doing.  Mom skipped our walk today but it didn't really matter - we both passed out after breakfast without our usual toy thrashing and wrestling matches.  I can't believe I'm saying this but... perhaps the human crate is better for watching baseball with dad and not so good for slumber parties.  There's just too much partying going on and not enough slumbering.  Today I am one tired boy.

Dad gets home soon!
Stanislaw

13 comments:

Petra said...

I hope you catch up on your sleep today because I know who is coming home, and you must be rested when he walks in the door!

Hooray for your rule-breaking Mom and last night's slumber party!What an exciting night you had, guys.

Molly the Airedale said...

You and I are just alike, Stan! I hate being hot too and Mitch and Big Pupi like to be warm and snuggle! Our dad left this morning too so we're hoping that maybe mom will allow us to share the bed with her! Our paws are crossed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Fenway said...

The Rules Enforcing Mommy has an agenda. Don't trust her. She KNOWS you like Fun Daddy best and she seized the quality one-on-one time to lure you over to the dark side. I hope it didn't work.

Fun Daddy will be trotting thru your den door very soon and I know he scarfed up uber amounts of presents at the MLB Store on Yawkey Way.

I also heard that Fun Daddy snagged a homerun ball and we are so hoping it's Manny's two run homer game winner. Getting a ball with Manny's manly scent on it will definitely give you chaps major Street Cred.

Forever more you can howl at the Humans: "It's Stan Being Stan" or "It's Big Pupi Being Big Pupi".

Beckett said...

The human sleeping crate is so much fun!

I heard a rumor that my cousin dogs get to sleep in the human sleeping crate with my Grandma and Grandpa, and that Grandma even bought bigger blankies for the human crate because my cousin Phoebe was hogging them. Ha!

Beckett

Beckett said...

Hey Stanislaw,

I only let my bone season in the ground for an hour or two before I dug it up and finished it. It was delicious, but then yesterday I had sad tummy in my crate so my mom says I don't get to do that again.

Beckett

Niamh said...

You look like you had a great time in the people bed. The people beds always have great smells to roll in and I love to rest my head on the pillows. I know you'll be glad to see your dad.

Your friend,
Niamh

Asta said...

Stanislaw
Thanks fow adding me to youw fwiends list!!!
You look adowable sneeping on the hooman cwate..and Pupi is a doll undew the covews..I stay above, cause it's lovely cool undew the ceiling fan...hope you get gweat west aftew youw "slumbew" pawty
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Hero said...

Hey Stan, I sleep just like you whenever I'm on my mom's crate. Her blanket is too thick and hot for me especially because of all the manly spaniel fur, which, ofcourse, you know well of. Make sure you smother your dad with sloppy kisses once he gets home!!

your pal,
Hero

Mack said...

Woo Hoo!
What a sexy belly you have Stani!!
-Paris

Charlie Daniels said...

Great story. Love the pics.

Cheers

Charlie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

How nice that you doggies get to sleep on the big comfy bed. Cute photos of you 2. :)

~ Girl girl

COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

We love to sleep with our mother. Zorra likes to get under the covers, but katherine and I prefer to sleep o top!

Toffee said...

Oh what a treat to sleep in the human crate!! My brother riley prefers to sleep under the crate - silly dog! I get to sleep in the human crate but sometimes mom and dad2b have to move me to the bottom because I snore so loudly...I try to tell them that I purr but they don't seem convinced.