Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Raw Food Diet, Day 78- A Problem Solved

My brother and I were interviewed by Louis Reginald, a spaniel reporter from Cup of Dog!  He's a fellow raw feaster and he asked us all about our meaty meals and how we got started on the tasty raw diet.  You can read our interview here.

***
brother needs to clarify:
I understand that there's been some confusion caused regarding Stanislaw, myself, and our names.  And understandably so.  When writing posts I never actually use my name, and Stanley just calls me "brother."   (I write in italics, Stanislaw's sections are in normal type.)  Furthermore, Stanislaw has about a 100 nicknames, and we use each interchangeably, so it may sound like we're chatting about more than one dog at a time.

Stanislaw's nicknames consist of Stanley, Stan, Stanny Tanner, Sauce, Stas (pronounced "Stash") and Stink-bum.  While most of those names haven't and won't be used on the blog, I wanted to put them all out there just in case we're feeling a little creative on that particular day.

As for me, I have previously been referred to as "brother."   I am Stan's brother, but that's not my actual name.   My real, foster-mom given name is Ace "I.P." Frehley, because I look like I painted my face to go to a KISS concert.  However, when online I choose to go by my moniker Big Pupi (said "Puppy").  You see, I'm a huge fan of baseball, a bigger fan of the Red Sox, and I was nicknamed after one of the players who calls himself "Big Papi."
Last year my dad, a HUGE and life-long Red Sox Fan, heard about an election that was being held for the President of Red Sox Nation -- the official MLB team's fan base.  As both he and I are members of Red Sox Nation, that made us eligible to run for the position.  A lack of resources and time made it possible for only one of us to start campaigning, and since I had come up with a better platform my dad stepped down and supported my endeavors.  I officially took on the name Big Pupi and off I went making the world aware of the Forgotten Fans and touting K-9 friendly seating at the ball park.  I got a huge following of dog and cat baseball fans... all of them lifelong sports enthusiasts that had always been left home on game day.  We needed to make a change!

Well, to make a long story short, we submitted an application video, started a website, and I survived each narrowing of the candidates until there were only 9 of us standing -- myself and 8 humans.  Although I didn't make it as President, I did get my own Pro MLB Sports blog where I write all about sports from a dogs' point of view.  Lots of talk about feasting.  Stanislaw loved the thought of a blog about feasting and wanted one of his own, so here we are!

I hope that makes things a little clearer.  He's Stanislaw and I'm his big brother, Big Pupi -- at your blogging service.

P.S.   My Big Pupi videos were made during our pre-raw days.  Just a note, as kibbles make a special appearance in our application video.  A lot of things have changed since then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the name clarification guys!

Thanks again for the awesome interview - lets keep on chatting about feasting...its the next best thing to the feasting itself!!

Louis