Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Raw Food Diet, Day 196- A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That

Hey dog bloggerinis!  Stanislaw here.  Just chillin' and being as tiny as possible.
This morning Big Pupi and I went on a fast hunt through the public gardens.  He was so into running and I was so into naughty-ing.  There were squirrels and rabbits!  I just couldn't concentrate.  I think Pupi and mom dragged me half the distance.  I got to take in the view!  

During the trip home, a wee cairn terrier magically appeared right in our running path and since he was a super friendly guy mom stopped for a moment so we could say our Hellos.  He was attached to his human on an extendable leash, and even though his woman knew he was in the middle of two other dogs she kept walking ahead.  Our leashes got tangled, and the stinky poo-head lady never stopped to help!  The other dog's leash got wrapped around Pupi's ear, and that's when Mrs. Jerkface, who was still walking on ahead and watching, decided to give it a harsh tug.  Pupi squealed and reared back, starting a fight between the terrier and himself.  They were stuck!  Mom eventually managed to separate them and send the extendable leash snapped back at Bratty McBratface who never said a word and continued on her way.  Mom had some choice words for this evil human but said them only to us.  I can't type them here.  Can you tell that we're a little bitter?

In the end Pupi's ear wasn't badly hurt but he was on edge and barked and snarled at each dog we passed for the rest of the run.  Mom was fed up and we cut our run short and went home for some feasting.  After all that excitement I now find myself all tiny and warm on the sofa.  Pupi is all leggy and snoozely on the armchair.  I guess it all ended okay.

In other news, I've made a snood debut on the snood-maker's website!  She apparently found my makeshift dishtowel snoods "comical."  You all know that I don't take anything to do with feasting lightly!
Okay, so maybe I do look a little silly with my ears missing.  But if it must be done to get my chicken necks, then it must be done.  I can deal.

In yet MORE exciting news, Pupi and I are the oh-so proud recipients of more awards!  From Nottie Scottie, the handsome little devil, we've been given the Best Friend Gold Card!  Big Pupi did say that he wanted a credit card!  But we all know that friends are better than anything money can buy.  Thanks NS!
I guess we've made some pretty great buddies since we've started blogging, because from Rudolph and Goofy we received the Friendship award!
Thanks guys!  And the pup in the award image has ears like we do!  We're feeling very special today indeed.

Well, these awards need to be passed on, but after our fiasco this morning mom is running late and will need to do her research at a later time.  It can be tricky trying to figure out who's received the awards already and who hasn't!  So we'll get back to this soon.  Until then...

Happy hunting,
Tasty feasting,
Successful Naughty-ing!

Stanislaw

13 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

What a snobby lady! My Mommy would be soo mad too. She obviously didn't even care if her wee pup was hurt during the little fight. What a lousy owner! Glad to know Big Pupi's ear is not torn off or something...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Niamh said...

We can't stand those extendable leashes. My person never lets her students use them in training classes because dogs and people can get hurt and it can teach dogs bad habits. I'm glad Big Pupi's lovely long ears weren't damaged. Hope you don't run into that mean lady again.

Your friend,
Niamh

b13 said...

Thanks for stopping by :) I love the snood you made for BP! What a cute Pooch! And any friend of Fen is a friend of mine :)

I currently shoot with a Nikon D80 (digital SLR) with an 18-200mm lens and a 60mm for my macro shots.

I used to shoot 35mm film but once digital started I jumped on the bandwagon. I started with an Olympus 1.4MP; then went to an Olympus 4MP... Next I got a Nikon 8800...

I loved them all but I needed to get rid of shutter lag for action shots so I splurged for the D80.

If you can live with the lag, Nikon has a great new camera out. The Coolpix P80 is 10.1MP with an 18X optical vibration reduction zoom and can be found for $350 online.

If you have the extra $$ and want insane freeze frame action shots you will want the D-SLR. I would love the D300... but it was out of my price range... but I can dream ;)

Charlie Daniels said...

Owners like that really make me mad!

Cheers

Charlie

Toffee said...

I am so sorry to read about the entanglement - but I am happy that your fabulous ears were not maimed!

I hope you are well.

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

So sorry to hear about the fiasco with the Brat lady. Good to hear Pupi's okay...your mom's right to call her some choice words thingy! Some people think that they own the world or something...Mom meets quite a few of them too...in training class,can you believe it? People need to get some obedience classes too,I say...*wink*

Congrats on the awards! =)

Scottie

River said...

Sorry about the bad leash mixup. Good grief, my mom wouldn't have been so nice, I have to say, which wouldn't have been good. Better to walk away and let them suffer the bad karma or dogma on their own. Congratulations on the awards!

love & wags,
River

andrahyb said...

Not extendable leashes again!

We have many (in fact our M) of similar encounters, we thank GOD that BP wasn't injured because it always leave a cut on our M leg, ouch!

Thats why we are not allowed to use that but oh well, such jerkies exists -- everywhere!

If our M was there, her choice words will surely be "transmitted" to Mrs Jerkface, she is not like your oh-so-nice & kind M (she's a b*tch) *flees*

Be Good!
Rudolf & Goofy

Girl Girl Hamster said...

What a rude lady. I hope Pupi is ok now.
Congrates on that pawsome gold card award. :)

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

Hi Stani! That sounds AWFUL with BP's ear and that mean lady! This is why I definitely prefer dogs to people...well, except my humans. How rude! Congrats on the awards and everything!

I also wanted to tell you about this new thing called Doggyspace, I have made tons of new friends and they all come read my website! I figured you would fit right in!

Here is my profile.
http://www.doggyspace.com/profile/64

Kisses,

Ella Bean

Molly the Airedale said...

Some hoomans are such idiots! We're glad to hear Big Pupi's ear is okay!
We think your snood pictures are just adorable, Stan!
Congratulations on our awards!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Hero said...

That lady sounds insanely rude and mean! I'm so glad that Big Pupi's ears didn't get hurt. Spaniel ears are priceless!

Agatha and Archie said...

What a jerkkkkk people can be real mrons( PL2 wanted to use HBO word but didn't) Thank goodness Big Pupi was OK. Tell her his namesake RULED last night!!! 2 home runs(wouldhave been 3 but fan interferance!!) Love and kisses A+A