Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Raw Food Diet, Day 203- Male Bonding

This past weekend I got to enjoy some serious bonding time with my dad.  Mom wasn't invited even though she was often in the same room as dad and I were - there are only 3 rooms in our apartment, after all.  Big Pupi was also hovering around, but since he's a momma's boy he didn't count in our male bonding time.  

First dad and I checked out the baseball scores online.  He always has to know what's going on with those Red Sox.
Then I saw something moving about on his screen.  It was a bug, I just know it!  Dad is always praising me when I practice my master-hunter skills on flies and ants, and I thought I'd do him a favor and get this little crunchy snack off his computer screen.  He didn't appreciate it.  I have no idea why!  He grabbed me before I could knock his laptop off the table.
After getting some good slobber all over his computer, I was no longer allowed to sit in his lap and had to be Have in my own chair next to him.  Dad made sure there was some distance between me and his precious computer, because we were looking up some recipes for dinner and talks of feasts make me super drooly.
We concluded our afternoon with some funny online videos and a quick visit to my friends' blogs.  We made fun of mom and my girly-boy brother and laughed our tails off.
I suggested that after all this manliness we should watch sports, belch and eat some cheese.  Dad thought this was a great idea and grabbed his Cheeze-Its and found a spot on the sofa.  He let me stretch all long and beastly along the top of the sofa and rest my chin on his shoulder while he snuck me a cracker or two.  I burped a lot because this was man time and I'm really good at that.

Dad is the coolest,
Stanislaw

7 comments:

Hero said...

What a super manly day! I never realized that bugs live in computers. I hope you catch it one day. After you do I think your dad will find out you did him a serious favor.

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow...you sure enjoyed your manly day with your Dad! I love the picture of you laughing with your dad! =) Hope you have a great week!

Scottie

Beckett said...

Hi Stan,

I thought that thing was a bug too, so when my mom told me it's actually the mouse, my mind was blown. I, a red-blooded American dog, had been chasing a mouse. Was I part cat? I narrowly avoided suffering an identity crisis by instead choosing to play with my Everlasting Fun Ball.

Beckett

Molly the Airedale said...

At least you and your dad do something constructive with your man-time! All Mitch does is throw himself over dad's lap and veg!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Ohmydog - are you sure it was a bug? 'Cause sometimes my girl has a MOUSE on hers!

And when you have your man time, maybe you should get some other toys besides little stuffed animals...? Or were those Big Pupi's?

But then again, I've been told I'm slightly effiminate (whatever that means) and I love pink stuffed animals so they can't be all bad....

Niamh said...

You and your dad had a great guy day. But give your mom some attention too. I'm sure she loves you.

Your friend,
Niamh

andrahyb said...

You and your Dad surely has a great day! We hope more will come to your way soon!

We dont burp that often but we
..... FART!
Just like our "manly" Daddy

LoLx!
~ RG