Monday, August 18, 2008

Raw Food Diet, Day 202- A Profile in Feasting: Michael Phelps

***
Big Pupi's 'Profiles in Feasting' Series:
I have a ton of respect for some of the greatest human feasters of all time, such as hot-dog eating champion Joey Chestnut and clutch-hitting champion David Ortiz.  Today I'd like to profile another great feaster, Michael Phelps.  How do you think he won all those gold medals?  Hardcore feasting, of course.

First of all, Phelps wakes up earlier than 4:30 AM to make sure he has enough time in his day to consume 12,000 calories.  Plus, early morning is the best time to throw down an enormous feast.  Phelps's breakfeast consists of 3 sandwiches, 5 omelets, some grits, 3 pieces of French toast and 3 pancakes.  Tasty.  Lunch is a little on the light side, featuring 1 pound of pasta and 2 sandwiches.  Phelps later eats another pound of pasta and a whole pizza before bed time.  

Some people say Phelps is like a fish, but he eats like a whale.

I figure I could eat that much, but my humans never let me.  How am I supposed to win a gold medal in the doggie-paddle if I don't start eating like Phelps, you silly humans!  Five omelets, please.  When it comes to monitoring my feasting my folks are like tough Olympic judges - always giving me less than I deserve.  Maybe I could have Phelps reason with them.

Gold medal feasting,
Big Pupi

9 comments:

Hero said...

I think Michael Phelps is a great role model for you and Stan when it comes to feasting and athleticism. I hope your mom and dad soon see the logic to the 12,000 calorie Michael Phelps diet.

Mack said...

That Michael Phelps is one lucky dude!

My dream is to be able to eat all day long!

And you are right about my tail -
you and Miss Paris would beat me for sure in a tail wagging contest - My tail doesn't wag! It just sits on top of my bootay looking cute!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Whoa...that's a whole lot of things to feast on for a day! I think it would be heaven for me if I got to feast like that...*grins*

My Mom sends her thanks for the birthday wish! =)

Scottie

Fenway said...

Great post. We love Michael, The Eating Machine, Phelps. How does he find time to swim?
I broke some records myself, the other night. The humans gave a cocktail party and it was my first event where people food was left at muzzle height. I crammed in about $25 worth of tasty, smelly cheeses, the leavenings of a hard salami, some French bread rounds, Triscuitts, melon wedges and some really terrific pita chips. I passed over the red pepper hummous and the grapes (they're toxic and I knew to shun them.
The humans walked across the street to momentarily check out a piece of art and I seized the opportunity for some hard and fast feasting. Pupi—you and Stan would be proud!

Anonymous said...

Oh my DOG!!!!! This is so difficult; I might have to reconsider this swimming thing....

Molly the Airedale said...

We get up before 4:30AM! We sure wish we could put away the meals that he eats!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Charlie Daniels said...

Michael who ? ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wat a great tips there...we shld all eat like michael phelps

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! Micheal Phelps sure eats like a greedy monster! How does he manage to keep himself sooo slim & fit when eating those junkies?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer